Tuesday, March 28, 2017
2-4 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of automotive and transit equipment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
High school graduate or its equivalent. Verifiable training in automotive or diesel mechanics
Career Opportunity Full Description
Our technicians generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of
major components or remove/replace major components of various bus
and support vehicles. Expectations include the ability to diagnose
and repair the following with little or no supervision:
- Electric Systems
- Hydraulic/Air Brake Systems
- Heating/Air Conditioning Systems
- Instruments and Gauges
- Preventative Maintenance Service
Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: Engines,
Power train to include differentials, transmissions, drive shafts,
wheel ends. Electrical systems, IO Controls, including starters and
alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems. Electronics to include
ECM's, ECU's, sensors, etc. Engine bolt on items such as turbos,
fan clutches, injectors, cooling system, etc. Brake systems
including ABS, suspension systems (spring and air).
- Perform all levels of preventative maintenance services on all
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfuctions or to
ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws and
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfuctions, using test instruments such as handhled computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials to include:
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- 2-4 years practical experience with Gas and Diesel maintenance
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required.
- Posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License - current CDL
license with air brake certification, Class B with P endorsement,
Willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- Basic computer knowledge for electronic testing.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must provide own tools.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record during
- Pass a post job offer employment related physical examination
to include a drug scree, as well as a criminal background
investigation, the results must meet the agency's hiring
- Must have acceptable 5-year driving record:
No moving violations in the last 2 years
No more than 2 moving violations in the past 5 years.
No more than 2 accidents in the last 5 years (at fault or not at
No felony convictions within the last 10 years for reckless or
negligent driving, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident,
driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, vehicle
assault or homicide.
Career Opportunity Application Instructions
You may apply for this position by completing one of the
Filling out our Online Career Application, which
will allow you to attach your resume. Our Online Career Application
is definitely the easiest option for submitting your career
opportunity request. It is fully secure and will send an email to
Coast RTA as well as a confirmation email to you.
Downloading the career application and mailing it completed with your resume
ATTN: Human Resources, 1418 3rd Avenue, Conway, SC
29526 or faxing it to: 843-488-0874
Or you may apply in person at 1418 3rd Avenue,
Conway, SC 29526 between the hours of 8am
- 5pm, Monday - Friday. See us on a map.