posted on Friday, October 27, 2017
Conway (SC) -- Coast RTA's
Twelfth Annual Coats 4 Kids campaign is underway throughout Horry
County. Each year, Coast RTA accepts donations of new and gently
used, coats, sweaters, blankets and other items to assist in
keeping children and adults warm during the winter months. In the
past, Coast RTA has distributed more than 1,500 items to those in
need during the holiday season.
In celebration of its 12th year and with the 2017
Coats 4 Kids launch, Coast RTA is seeking the community's support
with donations (either winter items or funds to purchase items) or
through businesses, churches or other organizations serving as
designated collection sites.
Items will be collected until November 29, 2017 for the Coats 4
Kids event. As of this announcement, confirmed Coats 4 Kids drop
off locations include:
- Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, 1200 N Oak Street, Myrtle
- Myrtle Beach City Services Building, 921 N Oak Street, Myrtle
- Myrtle Beach City Hall, 937 Broadway Street, Myrtle Beach;
- Ted Collins Law Enforcement Center, 1101 N Oak Street, Myrtle
- Chapin Library, 400 14th Avenue North, Myrtle
- Horry County Government Building, 1401 Third Avenue,
- Conway Chamber of Commerce, 203 Main Street, Conway;
- Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Road, Conway;
- Conway Cleaners, 1510 3rd Avenue, Conway; and,
- Coast RTA Terminal, 1418 Third Avenue, Conway.
In addition, Coats 4 Kids drop off boxes are located within all
of the Horry County Goodwill locations:
- Goodwill - Carolina Forest, 2164 Oakheart Rd, Myrtle
- Goodwill - Conway, 2913 Church Street, Conway;
- Goodwill - Longs, Hwy 905, Longs;
- Goodwill - Murrells Inlet, 3655 Old Kings Hwy, Murrells
- Goodwill - North Myrtle Beach, 3336 Hwy 17 South, North Myrtle
- Goodwill - Surfside Beach, 127 Loyola Drive, Surfside
If making a coat donation for Coats 4 Kids at a Goodwill
location, please mention that the donated coats are intended for
Coast RTA's Coats 4 Kids.
Corporate Sponsorship levels are tailored to the coat theme and
vary from $1,500 for the Red Coat (Premier) Sponsor to the Brown
Coat (Bronze) Sponsor at $250. Individuals and families may also
contribute funds as Scarves & Mittens Sponsors. In addition to
financial sponsorships, new and gently used children's coats are
being collected. Funds raised through sponsorships and donations
are used to purchase new coats for the annual Coats 4 Kids
Collected items will be distributed from noon until 2 p.m.
Saturday, December 9, at the Coast RTA Terminal, 1418 Third Avenue,
Conway, South Carolina. For campaign details or to participate as a
business/organization, contact Ericka Hill at 843.488.6063 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.