Fixed Route Bus Operator
|Career Name:||Fixed Route Bus Operator||Date Posted:||January 25, 2021|
|Salary Opportunity:||$14/ hour with 5 years experience, Benefits||Status:||Part Time|
|Category:||Operations||Experience Required:||Prior customer service which includes the ability to deal courteously with the public and experience background with respect to public accessibility requirements.|
|Education Required:||High School Diploma or Equivalent. Must provide a valid South Carolina commercial Driver's license Class B or better with appropriate endorsements and an acceptable driving record.||Career Level:||Fixed Route Bus Operator|
Career Opportunity Full Description
Fixed Route Bus Operator
Operates a bus through light to heavy city and freeway traffic, for the purpose of carrying passengers in a safe manner and in accordance with city, county, state and federal laws, as well as Company rules and policies. Ensures the highest quality of bus service is delivered to the company’s customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in a friendly, courteous, helpful manner. This includes assisting persons with disabilities onto and off the wheelchair lift, with safety restraints, and as requested by the customer.
- Acts as a front-line point of contact to ensure delivery of quality customer service.
- Complies with all company safety rules and operates assigned vehicles.
- Complies with all state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the vehicle.
- Makes public address announcements in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.
- Effectively utilizes paddles, manifests and other information, to follow routes and meet time points.
- Ensures an adequate supply of transfers and courtesy cards for the customers.
- Maintains an accurate timepiece.
- Carries company DOT card and Class B Passenger endorsed driver’s license.
- Safely and efficiently utilizes equipment on buses, including fare boxes, wheelchair lifts, radio, and emergency equipment.
- Coordinates detour, accident and incident information to radio dispatch, and responds to instructions given.
- Submits reports, verbal and written, on accidents or incidents as required.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure bus and equipment is in safe, proper working condition.
- Makes effective independent decisions based on experience, training and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to follow and comprehend paddles, manifests, schedules, timetables, detours, bulletins and any other training and job-related information.
- Must be able to comprehend and complete accident and incident reports.
- Must maintain a valid Class B with Passenger endorsed Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass an employment physical examination including substance abuse screening.
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Career Opportunity Application Instructions
You may apply for this position by completing one of the following methods:
Filling out our Online Career Application, which will allow you to attach your resume. Our Online Career Application is definitely the easiest option for submitting your career opportunity request. It is fully secure and will send an email to Coast RTA as well as a confirmation email to you.
Downloading the career application and mailing it completed with your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources, 1418 3rd Avenue, Conway, SC 29526 or faxing it to: 843-488-0874
Or you may apply in person at 1418 3rd Avenue, Conway, SC 29526 between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. See us on a map.