Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Coast RTA’s mission is to provide safe, reliable, affordable, clean and courteous public transportation that enhances the quality of life for residents and supports the growth of tourism.
Coast RTA Urges Customers to Follow Governor’s Order
Conway (SC) -April 7, 2020- Coast RTA will continue fixed route and paratransit services while maintaining our efforts for prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We are cleaning/disinfecting buses 3-4 times per day, maintaining social distancing and made changes to our operations to protect our employees.
Beginning Tuesday, April 7th, 2020 at 5 PM, Governor McMaster implemented a mandatory stay at home order for all individuals except for essential trips. Coast RTA urges our customers to follow the order. While our services are continuing, customers willONLY be allowed to use our services for essential trips, which include trips like going to the grocery store, to employment or to access medical services.
If you do need to use our service, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you are not feeling well -Stay at homeor seek medical transportation;
- Use the rear door of the bus (if available) when boarding and exiting the vehicle;
- Passengers in wheelchairs and those using mobility devices will still be able to board via the ramp at the front of the bus;
- There will still be positions available to secure wheelchairs and other mobility devices;
- For buses without rear doors (most of our fleet) please do not linger near the driver – fares are not required at this time;
- Please choose a seat appropriately to achieve social distancing;
- We have partitioned off seats to help with social distancing and to protect our drivers – do not sit in a seat that has been taped-off; and,
- We are making every effort to disinfect surfaces within the vehicle multiple times per day but passengers should wash hands thoroughly after riding.
Coast RTA will continue to use our social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter), our website www.ridecoastrta.com and the Coast RTA Ridetracker App to deliver updates to the riding public. We have posted the updated schedules in our bus and online. Customers can also call our Customer Service Department at (843)-488-0865.
We will continue to do our best to keep our service rolling so that the public can access employment or other critical services.
For additional route information, call Coast RTA Customer Service at 843.488.0865. Or, to stay informed with the latest updates on route information, download the Coast RTA APP at www.CoastRTARideTracker.com.
About Coast RTA
Founded in 1983, the Waccamaw Regional Transportation Authority, dba as Coast RTA, is dedicated to providing safe, reliable and consistent transit service to Horry and Georgetown Counties through its fixed routes, paratransit services and mobility services for those with disabilities(Americans with Disabilities Act 1990).Averaging more than 36,000 trips per month, Coast RTA provides critical links to jobs, medical services, entertainment venues and numerous other destinations for residents and tourists of the Grand Strand area.
For more information including additional route, schedule and fares information, call 843-488-0865 or visit the website www.RideCoastRTA.com. Become a Coast RTA fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @CoastRTA. Coast RTA passengers are encouraged to track their buses in real-time or plan their trips with the Coast RTA Ride Tracker. The Coast RTA APP is FREE and may be downloaded at the Google Play Store, the Apple APP Store or by visiting CoastRTARideTracker.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brian Piascik
843-231-9775 or firstname.lastname@example.org