Posted on Monday, August 31, 2015
The following Coast RTA routes/times will be effective Monday, September 7 (Please note the Myrtle Beach Transfer Station is located on 10th Avenue/Mr. Joe White, across from City Hall):
1) Route 1 – Known as the Conway Circulator, Route 1 has expanded to offer DAILY service: 5 – 9 a.m., 12-1 p.m. and 3-7 p.m. (The last bus leaves the Conway Terminal at 6 p.m.).
2) Route 7– Designed to best avoid traffic congestion along Highway 501, the new route alignment becomes permanent after a seasonal trial June-August. In addition, Coast RTA is making several schedule improvements to Route 7.
Buses will be leaving the Conway Terminal\Myrtle Beach Transfer Center at 6 a.m., 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Buses will depart the Myrtle Beach Transfer Center\Conway Terminal at 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 7 p.m. Designated stops have been identified for Route 7 and will be observed by all of the drivers in efforts to make the route more efficient than operating with flagged stops.
3) Route 7X – New service for fall 2015! Route 7 will have an additional four buses that will be considered Express buses. Express buses will only stop at the Myrtle Beach Transfer Station and the Conway Terminal and will not take on or drop-off passengers in between destinations. The 7X will leave the Conway Terminal\Myrtle Beach Transfer Station at 6:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. for the Myrtle Beach Transfer Station. The 7X will leave the Myrtle Beach Transfer Station\Conway Terminal at 9:15 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
4) Route 10, which leaves the Myrtle Beach Transfer Station and includes the Coastal Grand Mall, was modified in 2014 to accommodate the Myrtle Beach International Airport and Kings Highway locations. This route will have a bus departing the Myrtle Beach Transfer Center every hour at the top of the hour from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
5) Routes 15 N (to 82nd and Grand Strand Hospital) & 15 S (to Market Common) – A bus departs the Myrtle Beach Transfer Center every hour at the top of the hour from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to service Routes 15 N to Grand Strand Hospital and 15 S to Market Common.
6) Routes 16 (Georgetown to Myrtle Beach) – Schedule remains the same with an additional bus added that will leave the Myrtle Beach Transfer Center at 6:30 p.m. for Georgetown on Route 16. And, at 8 p.m., Route 16 will provide limited stops from Georgetown\Conway Terminal on Highway 701 through Plantersville and Bucksport.
7) Route 21 also known as the Entertainment Express -(Serves the Broadway at the Beach and downtown tourist attractions). This FREE service ends on Sunday, September 6.
Route 16 Express will remain unchanged throughout the fall service timeframe.
All transit services are seven days per week. Coast RTA will operate its fall/winter service frequencies through May 2016 with plans to begin its summer service at that time.
For more information including additional information on route, schedule and fares, call 843-488-0865.